The kick-off meeting of the European project FitDrive, of which ITCL Technology Centre is the leader, will take place on the 21st and 22nd of September.
The 10 partners from 7 countries will meet during these days to start the work and detail the collaboration and tasks of each partner.
The objective of FITDrive is to reduce traffic accidents by early identification of driving impairments, focusing on professional drivers. To this end, a new tool is being developed for the monitoring and evaluation of driving performance, cognitive load, physical fatigue, and reaction time. Pilots will be conducted in the driving simulation laboratories at ITCL in Burgos, and at the Sapienza University in Rome. Pilots with vehicles follow on circuits and roads in Spain, Ireland and Italy.
The project has a duration of 42 months and funding of 3.489.864.50€ from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement nº 953432.
The project partners are:
- FUNDACION INSTITUTO TECNOLOGICO DE CASTILLA Y LEON (ITCL). Spain
- ASSOCIAZIONE ITALIANA DEI PROFESSIONISTI PER LA SICUREZZA STRADALE (AIPSS). Italy
- MÄELARDALENS HÖEGSKOLA (MDH). Sweden
- ADVANTIC SISTEMAS Y SERVICIOS SL (ADSYS). Spain
- UNIVERSITA DEGLI STUDI DI ROMA LA SAPIENZA (UNISAP). Italy
- EUROPAISCHE FAHRLEHRER ASSOZIATION (EFA). Germany
- SECURETEC DETEKTIONS-SYSTEME AG (SECURETEC). Germany
- ELIOCITY (XEE). France
- EUROPEAN PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS ASSOCIATION (EPDA). Ireland
- ASELSAN ELEKTRONIK SANAYI VE TICARET ANONIM SIRKETI (ASELSAN). Turkey