The OTRI-ITCL (Transfer Office of Research Results) of the Castilla y Leon Technological Institute (Registration number 173) aims to promote and facilitate cooperation in R&D among researchers and businesses both on the national and European framework.
OTRI-ITCL is an interface unit whose function is to carry out mediation between the agents of the science-technology-company-society systems, whose primary mission is to revitalize and promote relations between them. For this purpose OTRI-ITCL is dedicated to identifying the technological needs of socio-economic sectors and to promote technology transfer between public and private sector, thus contributing to the implementation and commercialization of R&D results.
The European Programs unit aims to identify R&D and innovation in companies to help them on proposals preparation for Horizon 2020 for R&D of the European Union, as well as to work on the internationalization of R&D
Liaison between the ITCL, and their socio-economic research environment, encouraging collaboration between ITCL research groups and companies, universities and institutions to promote actions of R&D&I so as technological support, identifying and transferring technological demands of the different productive sectors to the research groups.
- Unit with the responsibility of informing, advising and managing the research activities agreements or contracts
- Unit who discloses and publishes all the news and events related with technology transfer, and the scientific-technological results generated.
- Unit that informs, advises on patent filing and IP results.
- Unit which informs and advises on the various programs of R&D&I (regional, national and European) and gives assistance within the partners searching.
- Unit that belongs to a great number of networks to help providing the link-ENTERPRISE-OTRI-ITCL.
The European Projects Unit of the Technological Institute of Castilla y Leon offers information, advice and support to the center’s own research staff and the units of R&D in the enterprises of the region during the preparation of proposals and participation in European research programs. Promotes and facilitates the effective participation of Spanish professionals in European research through:
- Dissemination of information on calls and tenders of the EU scientific programs.
- Assistance in submitting proposals for research and exchange programs and training of researchers.
- Training in specific areas as required.
- Aid researchers in finding partners for project development.
- Keeping track of technical administrative projects.
- Participation in projects as technology service providers or R&D
The OTRI-ITCL, as a body of interface between the ITCL and productive enterprises, may offer several business services.
The OTRI-ITCL offers companies all the resources, human (research staff) and technical infrastructure to develop with companies and research groups the R&D projects to help the company improving its own competitiveness and productivity, advising them also on public finance and tax relief available for the project execution.