Electronic device for private collective transportation
This technology is intended to promote the sustainable use of private vehicles.
Car_Pooling TEC is an electronic device that enables the management and monitoring of passenger occupation in vehicles.
Its aims are:
- To promote the shared use of vehicles through new technologies.
- To ease the shared trips logging by means of electronic logging via GPRS.
- To facilitate the analysis of the trips by means of the GPS log of the routes.
- To provide the management agents with a shared use management technology to promote pricing, Access control, etc.
The passenger occupation control in private vehicles with CAR_POOLING TEC has several applications:
- Cities/City Councils: Restricted Areas Access Control, areas restricted to a minimum number of passengers, incentives application, etc.
- Interior facilities: public car parks, restricted parking, airports, etc.
- University campus, Colleges, Schools, etc.
- Companies, industrial areas, etc. that produce significant workers transit (industrial areas, storages, office buildings): access control, parking use monitoring, etc.
- Tolls, High Occupancy Vehicle Lanes.
- Taxis and public passenger transportation businesses.
- User Control: Car_Pooling TEC system is based on the GPRS communication of the route events in a vehicle (route, passengers getting in/out), and the subsequent analysis of the information by a web technology-based application.
- In-vehicle technology: each vehicle is equipped with a Car_Pooling TEC device with featuring:
- GPS Positioning.
- User identification by RFID card.
- GPRS data transmission.
- GPRS Automatic data download system.
- Software and Web Application: the software is based on a Web Application that provides the control interface.
Currently there are two versions that enable user and route control by means of RFID cards and of wireless connection (latest updated version).