INSPECTOR: INdustrial inSPECtion and MainTenance of complex OR Unattended Facilities
INSPECTOR (INdustrial inSPECtion and MainTenance of complex OR Unattended Facilities) is a multi-sector and multi-disciplinary R&D Consortium. It is made up of 8 top-level companies (industrial and technological), led by TSK and supported by 5 leading research organisations in Spain.
The aim of the project is to research into various technologies, techniques, tools, methodologies and knowledge aimed at automating and optimising the management of inspection and maintenance within the framework of the connected industry.
This project will facilitate the adoption of Inspection and Maintenance solutions with a high degree of automation, efficiency and competitiveness. All this, through the use of emerging technologies applied to critical industrial environments, highly complex and difficult to access.
These solutions will give a strong national impulse to Industry 4.0, through the generation of new technologies, new business models and new alliances; reinforcing the international competitiveness of the partners, and contributing to the generation of employment and wealth.
INSPECTOR focuses on research into technologies that influence inspection and maintenance, within the framework of Industry 4.0, and proposes a new perspective that the automated and unattended management of industrial facilities.
General objectives of the project:
- Research in emerging technological areas that will allow inspection and maintenance solutions: (I) UAVs (Unmanned Aerial Vehicles) (II) New developments in communications and sensorics (III) Information visualization, images and simulation and (IV) Complex data analysis, artificial intelligence and Machine Learning
- Optimize and automate inspection and maintenance systems and processes
- Incorporate new features and services to the national industry
- Acquire new scientific and technological knowledge that will allow the incorporation of innovation and research in the processes, products and services of companies and strengthen the Spanish science and technology system
- Research in Inspection and Maintenance Technologies within the framework of Industry 4.0 to increase the automation and competitiveness of the industry
- Acquiring differential, high value-added capabilities and technologies to improve its international positioning
- Increase the availability, reliability, efficiency and life span of industrial facilities
- Minimize risks to people and the environment associated with inspection and maintenance operations
- To have advanced Inspection and Maintenance solutions that can be extrapolated to other use cases in other industries with similar problems
The project budget is 7.1M euros over 48 months.