IBERUS – Biomedical Engineering Technology Network applied to degenerative pathologies of the neuromusculoskeletal system in out-of-hospital clinical settings
IBERUS is the name of the Network of Excellence of the 4 Technology Centers (CCTT) that have defined a Strategic Program with the aim of stimulating the Cervera 15 Priority Technology, framed among the technologies for health, both in the research and development activities of the centers themselves and in the business and clinical context.
This program materializes a joint vision of the cluster, in which the union of its research lines not only represents an opportunity to increase its capabilities and remain at the forefront of health science and technology, but will also be the engine of digital transformation in the field of assessment and rehabilitation of neurodegenerative diseases.
This field of action has been chosen as the focus of IBERUS’ research activity, particularly in relation to diseases affecting the neuromusculoskeletal system (NMS), based on two strategic principles:
- The alignment and complementarity of the key technologies of the CCTTs with research and development trends in that area.
- The prospect of promoting a great technological leap in clinical practice within this field, thanks to the integration and demonstration of these technologies, accompanied by a task of dynamization and transfer to companies and healthcare institutions, reinforcing the clinical perspective with the impact on people’s quality of life.
Problem they intend to solve:
Strengthen the capabilities of the cluster to provide the tools and knowledge to improve clinical care and comprehensive care through new products and services for the diagnosis, rehabilitation, treatment and care of degenerative diseases of the neuromusculoskeletal system in clinical and out-of-hospital settings.
To achieve that the IBERUS Network acquires excellent scientific and technological capabilities in BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING, transfers the acquired knowledge to the Spanish industrial fabric to strengthen its international competitiveness, enables the development of high potential professional careers in this field and promotes the dissemination of these technological advances in society.
Project Resolution Objectives:
Research excellence in biomedical technologies CERVERA.
To generate scientific evidence of the efficacy of the use of Smart Heath data in the management of SNMS alterations.
Know-How, Talent and Excellent Capabilities
To highlight and support the knowledge acquired by the IBERUS research community in order to strengthen and train professional profiles towards research excellence.
Research Capillarity towards transfer
Promote the capacity and strength of collaborations with companies and agents of the health sector, enhancing collaborations as technological and strategic innovation partners.
Active platform for collaborative exchange.
To constitute a real network between technological centers, which join efforts, capacities and competitive advantages, both at a technological level and in transversal needs for their own competences, such as protection of industrial property rights, capitalization of tax incentives, legal system, management of national and international programs…
Leadership and international excellence
Strengthen the positioning of IBERUS from the perspective of leadership and international excellence.
Objectives of ITCL Technology Center:
- The evaluation of existing algorithms and the development of new algorithms, data structures and coding methods for the hardware implementation of the developed neural networks, especially aimed at the development of neuromorphic engineering.
- The investigation of electronic systems of SoC (System-on-Chip) type based on FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) fused with a MCU microcontroller.
- Creation of architectures for the development of state-of-the-art embedded systems, where models will be implemented and transformed by means of specific programming languages in HDL (Hardware Description Language) and HLS (High Level Synthesis).
- Development of analysis systems with massive parallel computation, low power consumption, low latency and versatility.
2021 – 2023
Project in cooperation with:
Centro de Excelencia Cervera
Blanca Moral – ITCL Centro Tecnológico