The project aims to improve personal autonomy in basic activities of daily living for certain people with functional mobility. The innovative CAMA-UP technological system aims to help certain people in this group to be self-sufficient in these actions, avoiding the help of the main caregiver or third parties for this purpose and promoting their autonomy and personal independence.
Project Resolution Objectives:
Cama Up aims to design and develop a technological support system to improve personal autonomy in basic activities of daily living related to functional mobility such as getting in and out of bed.
The CAMA-UP technological system will be designed and developed in such a way that it can be used in any type of bed, being able to be used in conventional beds, without the need to acquire a bed with specific requirements for the use of the system. In other words, the project will be aimed at the design and development of a universal and adaptable support system, which will also take into account factors such as ergonomics, usability and its adaptation to the specific needs of the type of end users.
- To investigate the displacement and rotation mechanisms that allow the positioning of the legs in the actions of lying down and getting out of bed.
- Design a universal technological support system.
- Digitalise the technological solution to offer a service close to the user when getting in and out of bed.
- Validate the effectiveness of the technological support system for improving the autonomy and independence of people with reduced mobility, by means of an experimental trial.
- To promote an experimental prototype of an innovative support system for bed entry and exit operations for people with reduced mobility.
August 2020 – January 2022
Regional Project in cooperation with:
Blanca Moral- ITCL Technology Center