Energy audits allow energy managers to quantify energy consumption and performance for manufacturing processes in a company. The goal of this process is to identify energy efficiency improvement opportunities, defining expected savings and required investment and finally planning their application.
Some expected results of an energy audit are:
- Obtain knowledge about energy consumption.
- A detailed description of energy consumption by manufacturing processes, equipments or areas
- Energy saving and energy improvement opportunities definition.
- Introduce the company on the energy management system model of continuous improvement.
- Economic analysis of energy efficiency improvement opportunities
Main benefits of an energy audit are Energy consumption control and minimization, and competitive capacities improvement as a consequence of production cost reduction.