TISSUSIM. Simulation of the behaviour of carbon fibre and multi-layered textiles subjected to shaping procedures. Design and development of equipment for measuring raw materials.
National ProjectFile: RTC-2016-5122-5 TISSUSIM is a project of the Call for Challenges-Collaboration of the Ministry of Economy, Industry and Competitiveness. The objective of the TISSUSIM project is to develop two tools aimed at modernizing the manufacturing methodology of flocked textile articles or composite materials intended for different markets such as the manufacture of interior fittings for motor vehicles or aircraft:
- A software tool for simulating the behaviour of carbon fibre and textile materials, single and multi-layer, when they are subjected to forming by means of pressure and temperature
- A machine for measuring mechanical properties in carbon fibre and textile material samples, single and multi-layer, whose results for each material will enable the models used in the simulator to be parameterised
Developments during the projectThe creation of the two tools planned within the TISSUSIM Project will allow companies:
- Reduce the design time and the number of trial and error cycles required for the development of a new product.
- Reduce costs, both in development and manufacture of the finished product and in raw materials for the product.
- Virtually evaluate the alternative solutions to the conformability problems that a product may present.
- Validate the design of the final products.
- They are easy to use: the tools can be handled by engineers without specialized training in finite elements.
- Favour the reduction of remnants and therefore savings in raw materials.
- Predict the flow of material and the final dimensions of the manufactured part.
- Predict and control the life and problems of the final product.
The project has been funded through the Collaboration Challenges 2016 programme