The protection of the results of the activities of Research, Development and Innovation, which develop in a country through patents, registrations, trademarks and other influences economic progress.
The transfer of results that has been granted legal security, is a key driver of technological innovation and the socio-economic benefit of stakeholders in the operation, turn fulfilling the diffusion and dissemination of knowledge element.
Taking into account the specific characteristics of the obtained results we can distinguish two types of protection.
- Industrial property, which includes patents and utility models for inventions, industrial designs, trademarks and geographical indications. These legal categories protect technical solutions to a given problem, the creations of form, two-dimensional or three-dimensional, plant varieties and topographies of semiconductor products.
- Intellectual property, which includes all original works of literary, artistic or scientific nature expressed by any means or medium, tangible or intangible, currently known or invented in the future. This form of protection granted to the author about rights of moral and economic rights of content or use, reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation. The latter rights can be transferred to a natural or legal person other than the author.
Since OTRI ITCL we help you protect your inventions.
- BOPI (Official Bulletin of Industrial Property)
- OEPM (Spanish Patent and Trademark Office) – Links
- EPO (European patent office)
- Services and electronic products for EPO Epoline
- Espacenet (European Network of Patent Databases)
- United States Patent and Trademark Office USPTO